Safe sleep has always been a huge thing for me. I’d go so far as to say that a lot of my PTSD with Emilia centred itself around making sure she slept safely and whilst thankfully I feel a whole lot more relaxed about it this time round, safe sleep is something I’ll always talk about to help raise awareness of this important topic. Also, I’ve always been a huge advocate for buying organic by reviewing many organic products on this blog, sharing the benefits of naturally derived products on our little ones skins and so teaming up with The Little Green Sheep is a great way for me to discover and share the benefits of using organic in terms of our little ones sleep routines.
The Little Green Sheep is a brand that’s already well known in our family. When Emilia was little I purchased one of the custom size mattresses for our Nuna Sena Travel Cot as I always found the mattresses that came with travel cots looked so hard and uncomfortable. Whenever we travelled, Emilia slept so well and I had peace of mind that her organic mattress was not only comfortable, but she was sleeping soundly and safely.
“Things you can do
- Always place your baby on their back to sleep
- Keep your baby smoke free during pregnancy and after birth
- Place your baby to sleep in a separate cot or Moses basket in the same room as you for the first 6 months
- Breastfeed your baby
- Use a firm, flat, waterproof mattress in good condition“
So why go Organic for sleep?
The Little Green Sheep say:
- “Like you, we believe in providing the best for babies. It’s this which inspires us to do what we do, creating beautifully made products; shaped by simple, honest ingredients, and produced in an ethical and appropriate way. We believe in providing babies with the most natural environment possible, away from toxins and harmful chemicals but never compromising on quality.”
- “Choosing to go organic is choosing to be kinder to your baby’s delicate skin and kinder to our planet. Organic products are made without the use of toxins and harmful chemicals, creating a pure and healthy environment for your child. Crafted from the highest quality natural materials with thought and care, buying organic means you’re buying a beautiful and long lasting product that is just as nature intended.”
- “At The Little Green Sheep we like to think that we’re not about fashion, but rather timeless integrity and quality that lasts. We think as much about today as we do tomorrow.”
The Natural Crib Mattress
When looking for a crib mattress it was only natural (excuse the pun!) that I would choose it to be from The Little Green Sheep. I went for the Natural Crib Mattress Snüzpod to fit inside our Snüzpod. The mattress is made from only natural ingredients, which is great as it contains no harmful chemicals, pesticides and toxins.
My first impressions are that it feels so soft and luxurious to the touch but has the all important firmness required for safe newborn sleeping. It’s completely breathable as it’s made with cotton and the organic wool helps with temperature regulation, not to mention being hypoallergenic and naturally fire retardant, eliminating the use of fire retardant chemicals.
Organic Crib Mattress Protector
A Mother and Baby Gold Winner, Loved By Parents award winner and The Little Green Sheep Bestseller, the Organic Crib Mattress Protector is made from the softest organic cotton and is so luxurious to the feel. It sits perfectly on top of a crib mattress and also fits our Snüzpod mattress to offer full absorbent protection which means the mattress underneath will stay clean and dry. It’s very reasonably priced, waterproof, and has an anti-dust mite barrier. Fitted sheets are then placed on top. I literally can’t get over the softness of this, it’s amazing and I wish I’d known about it for Emilia!
Organic Crib Jersey Fitted Sheet
I absolutely love the certified Organic Crib Jersey Fitted Sheet, we have two so we can swap and wash as needed, they fit perfectly around the mattress and protector, holding it in place so it can’t move around. The fabric is breathable which is really reassuring as this will help to regulate the baby’s body temperature and I’ll definitely be ordering these in the cotbed size when the time comes that we need them! Again these sheets are gorgeous and soft to the feel and also come in patterns for the cot and cotbed, really cute and simple designs. Find those HERE.
Organic Jersey Cotton Baby Blanket
This Organic Jersey Cotton Baby Blanket is absolutely lovely, I can’t wait to use it! It is beautifully packaged and I would definitely buy this as a gift, as well as being perfect for the crib, I’ll be using this in the pram when the baby needs an extra layer on cooler days.
Just to let you know, these products (apart from the mattress) are also available as a gift set as well as sold separately. Find the set HERE. Bought either together or separately, each of these items make the nicest newborn gifts, I’ll definitely be buying these products in the future for friends having babies!
I can’t say enough about how lovely this range is, the simple design, the way the products feel so soft and lovely and are definitely made to last. Of course the organic and natural origin of the ingredients too! I can’t wait to see how the baby gets on with these, it makes me feel very reassured to know he’ll be sleeping happily and safely and to me, that’s priceless…
*This post is written in collaboration with The Little Green Sheep. All thoughts and opinions are my own.